OUR STORY IS ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE UP OUR TEAM AND PROMOTE OUR CULTURE
Vanguard Cleaning Systems of Minnesota?is?the easy answer to your commercial cleaning needs. Together with our franchisees, we provide professional, dependable?cleaning services?to maintain your stand-alone building, campus or multi-location facility.?
In 2005, Cindy Banchy left her 16-year career at IBM to become Minnesota’s first Master Franchisor for Vanguard Cleaning Systems. With no customers or cleaning teams to start, Cindy gradually attracted dozens of small business owners with solid commercial cleaning experience to become independent franchisees.
Vanguard Cleaning Systems of Minnesota employees help our franchisees grow their businesses strategically. We provide marketing, sales, billing, and customer service support so our?franchisees?focus on serving customers and managing their crews.
Our customers can relax, knowing we have carefully selected a cleaning team to meet their specifications.?
All Work and No Play? No Way!
While Vanguard works hard to be the best commercial cleaning service in Minnesota, we also make time for fun. We inspire employees with regular off-site volunteer days, after-hours events, and holiday parties. We also donate funds to various activities for our franchisees such as cricket teams, Cinco de Mayo events, Scout trips, and more.
In the end, it all adds up to a highly motivated group of franchisees and staff who love their work and love to improve their clients’ spaces and lives.?Simply put, we’ve created a unique culture that works!
Growing up on a farm in Wisconsin, Cindy learned the value of hard work & entrepreneurship. After 16 years at IBM, Cindy became Minnesota’s first Vanguard Cleaning Systems Master Franchiser. Her business model encourages and empowers employees and franchisees to achieve their highest potential for success.
Her value of hard work extends beyond the office, she is also an avid runner and experienced triathlete. And not just any triathlete, Cindy has completed two Ironman triathlons and over a dozen half Ironmans! When she’s not competing, Cindy is working on her new passion – long distance hiking around the world. She has added New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, Portugal and even a summit on Kilimanjaro to her list.
Cindy is proud of the team she’s built and the franchisees she’s helped succeed. They are all a reflection of her values and dedication to service.
Regional Director (2009)
Michael has spent approximately 95% of his life in Minnesota. A proud Minnesota Twins season ticket holder since 2004, he embraces just about everything MN; The State Fair, Split Rock Lighthouse, Spam, and of course, Target! But that 5% of time out of MN was spent in Vietnam where he was born and lived before he was adopted in 1975. In 2019, Michael made the life-changing journey back to his homeland – TWICE – and formed lifelong bonds with new friends on the other side of the world! He came back with new perspectives on life and a new found gratitude for the good in people!
- Recognized as a top performing sales executive nationally 9 out of the past 11 years, with top honors 6 of those 9 years.
- Expertise in consultative education. Knowledge is power and Michael is always willing to teach clients, prospects, and anyone that is willing on how to best solve whatever is facilities concern(s) they may have.
- Vision to help franchisees grow their business strategically
Account Executive (2020)
Stacey is life-long Minnesotan who enjoys at least three of the seasons. During the fourth, she likes to get away as often as possible to anywhere warmer!
As an avid live music fan, you will find Stacey at one the local First Ave venues multiple time per month, or in other cities if that’s what it takes to see her current favorite band.
Stacey enjoys cooking for her family, entertaining friends, girls weekends and wine (pretty much any kind of red wine)
Fun fact: 6 weeks after starting at Vanguard, she broke both her legs rollerblading…during a pandemic.
- 25+ years of ?consultative sales experience working with small to medium sized companies of all kinds.
- Intuitive knack for right sizing a cleaning solution that meets your business’s needs
Accounting Manager (2012)
Winter can seem never-ending at times in the Midwest, and because of that Valerie makes sure to take advantage of summer for the limited time it’s around. She uses that warm weather to swim in pools, at water parks, and in any of the 11,842 lakes that populate this state.
- 15+ years of experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections
- Works with franchisees to develop and implement procedures that ensure smooth billing and payment processe
Brand Services Manager (2016)
Minnesotans have access to great breweries, and Paul loves visiting them, especially Surly Brewery. With a large variety of brews to please almost any palate, plus good food and a vast indoor and outdoor space, it’s simply a cool place to hang out.
- 10+ years sales experience and 15+ years customer service experience
- Excels at identifying special services opportunities that will bring value to the client
- Partners with franchisees to resolve issues quickly and efficiently, always with the goal of upholding the Vanguard mission – Every customer, every day, every time!
Brand Services Manager (2018)
Paul has learned to adapt to Minnesota’s diverse weather. He enjoys skiing and ice fishing in the winter and swimming, golfing and camping in the summer.
- 5+ years as Director of Special Services and 3+ years as a cleaning company owner.
- Expertise in all facets of commercial cleaning; specializing in medical, surgical and terminal cleaning, clean room procedures, and special services.
- Advanced training skills to assist Franchisees in building their business with best practices for cleaning, project management and communication.
Office Manager (2018)
Ashley moved back to Minnesota after spending her college years in Iowa to be closer to family. She loves animals, and hopes to one day be a Crazy Cat Lady. Her favorite hobbies are cooking, reading books, and playing video games. But, she’ll be the first to take you up on the invitation to check out one of the many museums, galleries, and other interesting attractions the Twin Cities provides. Just as long as one of those attractions does not involve clowns.
- 6+ years of customer support and service experience
- Certified SalesForce administrator
- Strong knowledge of customer supplies and consumables offerings
- Supports the customer and franchise base with accounting, product procurement, invoicing, and brand services coordination
The Vanguard Difference
Our Core Values
Each individual involved in Vanguard Cleaning Systems? of Minnesota whether owner, franchisee or employee, understands the importance of applying our four core VALUES to every activity taking place in the company name. Our motto is: “Every Customer. Every Day. Every Time.”